There’s no better way to guarantee a promising future than to invest in early education.
Your financial contribution is enormously important in the lives of those we serve. Driven by our mission to serve the world by serving children, our board members and staff thank you deeply for your generosity!
Our Most Pressing Needs
★ Scholarships to support children from low-income families, some of whom are experiencing homelessness and/or have limited access to meet even some of life’s most basic physical needs
★ Development of our parent education program so that the effectiveness of our teaching model can work 24/7
★ Toddler playground repairs from water damage. Renovations to add interactive elements that will inspire young minds to inspect, explore, move, and learn.
There are several ways to donate:
Gifts by check
may be mailed to:
The Playing Field
3910 Mineral Point Road
Madison WI 53705
From time to time, people ask about donating used goods. While we greatly appreciate the thought, it is often not practical for us to receive such items.
The No Thank You List
- Used Books— When we receive books, we have to have a staff person go through them to assure that they are culturally relevant and reflect the values of our School Family. We are also limited on storage space so, having multiple copies of each book can cause a challenge.
- Clothing— Storage space is always a challenge in early childhood programs. In fact, we pay to rent storage space so that our classrooms can rotate furniture and materials. While we do occasionally see needs for clothing, we just don’t have the space to store items until a need arises. When we need clothing, we post the needed item along with the size on our Facebook page.
- Car Seats— Due to concerns related to recalls and expiration dates, we can not accept used car seats. We also are unable to determine if seats have been involved in an accident.
- Toys— Used toys are another item that we can not receive. We may not able to confirm the appropriate age for materials. Pieces are often missing and/or broken and we must devote staff time to assessing the condition of items.
Ways to Be Helpful
- Gas or Grocery Gift Cards— We keep gift cards on hand to help families during difficult times. Even cards with a small amount are helpful.
- Items from our Amazon Wish List— Our teachers put items that they would like to receive on the wish list. When these items arrive, it is like a birthday or holiday celebration! (The teachers are often as thrilled as the children!)
- Packages of New Underwear— New, child-sized underwear is always needed and appreciated.
- Volunteer— If you have time to volunteer, there are many ways to get involved. Consider the following opportunities: Help a teacher on our next staff work day, assist with prepping classroom materials, volunteer in the office or in classrooms.