The Start Every Child Deserves
At The Playing Field, we commit to making the highest level of quality available to children from varied backgrounds. We seek to care for children in the context of our diverse community and we see this as a beginning step towards minimizing the disparity between our youngest citizens.
High Quality Care
- Very low child to teacher ratios
- Educated, experienced teachers
- A focus on early attachments and brain development
- Engaging interactions and environments
- Accredited by the City of Madison Child Care Accreditation
- Five star rating with Young Star, Wisconsin’s quality rating system
1/3 Privately Funded
Children learn best in diverse groups.
A third of our enrollment spaces are reserved for families who might choose any high-quality program for their child but choose The Playing Field because they value diversity and support our mission.
1/3 Funded by Scholarships
High-quality care is out of reach for many families.
We raise scholarship funds for a third of our children to assist families who can not qualify for childcare subsidies or who would incur very high co-payments. These funds will also be available to help families as they move forward professionally and lose childcare funding.
1/3 Funded by Head Start
Homeless children are part of our community.
A third of our enrollment spaces are reserved for families funded by Early Head Start. Families experiencing homelessness are given priority for these funds and welcomed into our school family.
Due to size constraints, our East Side Locations have only the capacity to care for children impacted by housing insecurity. The construction of our 15,000 square foot early learning lab will allow us to replicate the diverse enrollment model of our midtown location and serve 100 children on Madison’s East Side.
Our Enrollment Process
Our virtual tours introduce parents to our unique model. It is important for parents to understand our mission and how we care for children.
Steps to Enrollment:
- Participate in a virtual tour which introduces our school family
- Email us with your interest – include your child’s age, intended enrollment date, and preferred location
- Attend an on site tour at your preferred location
- Join our waitlist with a $50 deposit
- When an enrollment spot is offered, pay first month’s tuition to secure your child’s place